Have you ever been semi-zoned out in class and all of a sudden you just snapped into focus and it was like you were seeing everything and everyone for the first time, and it made you start to ask yourself questions?
Like...I had a moment like that in Physics, not for the first time, might I add. Suddenly I just...felt like I was waking up somehow. Like I'd been going through the motions of being human, laughing, being sarcastic, etc, for several weeks and suddenly I was seeing things through different eyes, like I'd been asleep the whole time. I looked at my friend, and I just started wondering. Stuff like, "Why did God make us to look the way we do?" "Why did He make different languages sound the way they do?" "If someone from a foreign country who only knew a foreign language walked in, right now, would we sound to them the way they sound to us? And then the weird stuff... "Is this even real? Is this classroom real right now? What if I'm dreaming, and I wake up and nothing I've known is true, and I've just dreamt up fifteen years of life? What if I really don't exist at all, and it's like the Matrix or something, and I'm just living this make-believe life?"
I don't know. I think I'm going insane.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment