Sunday, September 20, 2009

Angels show up in the strangest of places

I've always talked about how I want to use music to minister. I suck at public speaking, preaching, telling my story. I sing what I can't say.

I want to be a light for Christ for those who don't know. I want to put out the kind of music that a young girl can listen to and say "I'm there, and I want to know how to get out," so that I can tell her that Jesus is her one way out of the unbearable pain.

It all sounds so corny, but it's what I've wanted since I became a Christian. I stopped wanting to be a vet. I love music. I wanted to go into music. And I wanted to go into Christian music. If not, I wanted to get involved in music ministry at a church.

I guess that's why I fell in love with LLSOW when I heard about it. Jen Ledger having gone there and being the amazing musician she is has had me convinced that the SOW not only puts God into a whole different perspective, but it brings out the best in musically gifted people. I've craved the ability to go there, to tour the grounds, to attend a meeting at LLCC, and see just what it's ALL about. Now I'm back into my usual "does God REALLY want that from me?"

But then I think about my one and only dream, and wonder if that's a sign from Him that maybe...just maybe...this is what I'm supposed to do. This, or buy a portable keyboard, go into missions, and go to Africa and preach the Word through music for little children. I think missions in Africa or Japan would be something I would like to do, as long as I got to incorporate music into the deal. I think God has formed an inseparable bond between it and me :)

1 comment:

  1. God gives us our passions for a reason. Never forget that. Maybe not SOW, but that doesn't exclude further music education. Dream big. If your dreams are to change the world through music, then do it, God will be there. If you do it for Him and with Him, He will never let you down. ♥

    ReplyDelete