Thursday, September 24, 2009

The Evil Writer's Block

I finally figured out why I'm not spending NEAR enough time at the piano anymore...

1. I need a lesson or two so I can start playing more advanced music.

2. I actually NEED more advanced music that is INTERESTING.

3. I want to work on writing music, but I'm STILL blocked.

It's like...I came up with ONE little song that doesn't have lyrics. And that's it. It makes me mad. I guess I'm not supposed to be writing, but I WANT to. I love piano, but not advancing very much lately, not being challenged with interesting, good music, and not being challenged to write, is making me bored of it. And I'm wishing I had a guitar teacher, too...I'm not motivated into teaching myself guitar LoL...I'm trying but I'm just not doing well alone.

Whine whine whine...haha. My only improvement lately has been Band-related, percussion...prayer for musical creativity lack? LoL.

1 comment:

  1. writing songs isn't as hard as you're making it out to be. the best songs are written with and through emotions. here's an example i know you'll understand well, take the last night, the song is incredible emotional because of the topic and yes john put much MUCH effort into writing it (it was one of the hardest ones on comatose for him to write) but he KNEW what it was to be about. so take anything, an argument, a full blown fight, maybe just a really GOOD day and write a paragraph about it. then take that paragraph and pick out a chorus, then a couple or three verses. voila, you have a song.

    now...setting it to music...lol you're on your own :P but i think its cool that you WANT to write =) ♥

    ReplyDelete