Saturday, October 10, 2009

Wondering...

So...things have been almost uncommonly good these last few days. Ever since Wednesday, I've been for the most part happy, almost euphoric. Little things haven't torn me down like they always do.

Wednesday - I got to hang out with Hannah after school, I found out about the early graduation business, and I got to go to Campaigner's.

Thursday - I didn't do much of anything, but I took my practice Accuplacer and scored an 88.

Yesterday - Football. We lost, but our band, or at least, our drumline, won :) Plus Mom and I had a decent conversation about the future.

Today - Finally went shopping for some nice dress pants and found a really pretty shirt that was a Small and actually looked amazing on me. Made my day.

It seems like when it comes to the future, my father is the only thing trying to hold me down. Like...he's fine with early graduation. He's fine with me taking extreme dual-credit next spring and summer, and even in the fall and the spring before my graduation. If I do that I'll probably only have to complete a year of basics at MCC before I could transfer credit somewhere. That's all I've planned. I'm deliberately not saying anything about LLSOW even though my greatest longing is to be there. I'm not going to put it in my plans unless God tells me to. For now I only have as far as my basics set out.

Doing any type of music-related thing after college isn't really going to get me anywhere. It hardly pays the bills unless you run a music instruction center, and then it probably STILL doesn't pay enough. So chances are I'll be into some type of psychology or be going to a conservative school for some kind of ministrial degree. I haven't decided, and it isn't my place to make the decision until I'm supposed to make it. For now, I'm just going to focus on getting through my graduation and basics, and I'll just continue to dream and pray and hope God puts me where I need to be.

The thought kind of saddens me, because I'm giving up a lot of control and a lot of planning, but if God's in control, I shouldn't be worried or sad about it, because it'll all buff out in the end.

All I'm focused on is staying close to God, being happy, and keeping my no-dating purity commitment.

1 comment:

  1. I love this blog.
    Do you know why?

    You have changed SO much since I first started talking to you :)

    I can FEEL the peace in your words.

    Yeah, the future is uncertain for all of us, I mean, do I have ANY idea why God wants me to go to SOW? Not a CLUE. I gave up on music a LONG time ago, but I'm still trusting. There is hope, we have God and we don't need anything else =) If you remember that, every day will be better than the last.

    Love you girl!! I'm SO glad to hear the happiness and peace in your life. The last sentence you wrote particularly makes me smile :) That is faith right there =] ♥ Hebrews 11:1--faith.

    ReplyDelete