So I had to get up and see if the teachers updated their lesson board since I won't be in half my classes tomorrow, and I decided to share the first verse and chorus of my latest attempt at songwriting. It's all I have so far. It's kind of sparking from a convo I had with Liz the other night...I don't know why but lately I've written about depression or darkness and battling it with God.
Hopelessness is the swiftest death
And love, you're on your way
I've been there, I know it's hard
To look beyond sorrow today
Don't take the road less traveled
Now is not the time
You are loved and being sought after
For your soul and for your mind
Please listen
Please believe
Your mentality just deceives
Replace the lies
With what's true
There is a legion of demons lurking
And an army of angels fighting for you
That's all I have so far. I'll post ALL of it tomorrow or whenever I finish it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
wow. I am in love with this.
ReplyDeleteit sounds REALLY good!!
and i know EXACTLY which conversation you're referring to =)
er, well, conversaTIONS. lol. we've had more than one =) i too get inspired most often by talking to people =]
love you miki!!