I was in church today and started to wonder about some things.
1. If God has a plan for all of us, and He has our whole lives set out, does He plan the decisions we make? And if not, why did He give us such a versatile free will?
2. This one is really hard to explain...I'll put it this way. In church, we sing a lot of hymns and what might be considered contemporary hymns, modernized versions of some of the older ones. I don't mind it, I like it and all, but sometimes it kind of bores me. I can't really explain it without sounding like an awful person, because I know the music should have nothing to do with the worship, but I have a harder time worshiping. Is that bad?
These are the two things that have confused me for a long time but I'm too scared to vocalize them.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I have some thoughts on these things =)
ReplyDelete1. No He does not plan out the decisions we will make, that's the free will part of us. He gave us a free will because He knows that we could never really truly love Him unless we chose Him. Now, that isn't the way things were originally intended to be, but after the fall that was the only way to bring us back to Him. This is one of those areas where if you think about it too much, you'll get a headache cuz to us it just doesn't make very much sense :P
2. I TOTALLY understand that, and a lot of it has to do with how you view worship. If you view it as a time to praise God, you're going to do that no matter the song or the drumbeat. If you want to "find" God and "feel" Him, it can be harder because the focus isn't on Him, it's on you. I struggle with this a lot too especially when it comes to songs I don't know. Just keep searching yourself and choosing to praise Him no matter what the song, your heart will change =) ♥