So today was amazing.
At the end of the day, I went home with Hannah, hung out at hers and her grandmother's house and played with Airik (the cutest and most obedient Pomeranian ever, seriously, Hannah hid from him and said, "Help me, Airik!" and he ran through the whole house and found her in ten seconds and was making sure she was okay) AND watched parts of Comatose Comes Alive and talked about Ben's old fauxhawk, Korey's AWESOME Sephora makeup, John's unnatural sweating, Jen's old hairstyle, and how much Tate looks like Hannah's boyfriend, not counting the triple-goatee. Then we met up with Alyssa and she and I ran off and picked up a bunch of girls and went to Campaigner's (a YoungLife Bible study). Didn't get home until 8:30. It was a GREAT school night.
To top it off, my mom emailed my school principal and counselor today and talked to them throughout the day. She had asked if there was any way I could take the tests or do the work to get out of junior classes and be counted as a senior next year. Monsey and Giardini told her that it's possible by taking an AccuPlacer test before spring and then taking evening/online dual credit courses in the spring!
Let me just say this. Yesterday, I had given up all hope in getting to graduate early. Homeschooling is out of the question. The State of Texas passed a stupid four-by-four law. They said that graduating early will take away our scholarship opportunities so it'd be stupid to try. Well guess what? My school's college advisor (oddly, NOT our counselor) said she can help me get scholarships specifically for early graduation!
My biggest concern is whether the scholarship money will be thrown down the drain if I just take my basics at MCC and then apply for LLSOW. But it's all in God's hands, so I'm not going to worry about it.
Meanwhile, Hannah knows all about this, we talked about it on the way to Sonic (I wanted a Dr. Pepper float and she was thirsty because all our water fountains at school are out of order), and she thinks it's awesome, because she and I are both getting OUT of Texas when we graduate. She wants to move to Louisiana with Chris after her grandmother helps her get her real-estate license, and then Hannah and Chris will probably move to Washington State. Meanwhile, I'll be in Texas for a year or so doing my basics and then I want to go to Wisconsin and then after LLSOW either attend college there, in Oklahoma, in Maryland, or somewhere in the West. Hannah and I both agreed that sometime after we graduate we're meeting, no matter where we both live, and we're road-tripping to Creation West to see Skillet, and she promised me that if she makes enough money as a realtor, basically if she's good at her job, and I really need help, she'll help put me through college after LLSOW, and I'm going to help her with her house-selling somehow. Promotion. It's funny how Faran and Megan are her best friends in the whole world, yet Hannah and I are the ones making all these wonderful, fun, amazing plans for our futures which WILL intersect :)
I only pray to God that He hears these dreams and it's what HE wants and He gives them a chance :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment