Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Tick Tock Hear The Clock Countdown

You know how I've been really excited for everything?

Well, now I'm scared to death.

The Band competition is five days away. Are we ready? Definitely not. I'm praying everyone stops goofing around, and understands how bad Jennifer and Alexa and Faran and Hannah and I want to go to State. We want it BAD. The juniors and seniors (and I) won't have another advancing shot. After this, it's over.

My PSAT is tomorrow. I'm not REALLY worried about it, just a tiny bit concerned...I haven't studied at all.

My Accuplacer should be soon, because I got my official photo permit, so I have a photo ID and can now register. I'm REALLY nervous about that. It determines whether or not I can graduate early...I'm very frightened.

I know I can do all of this through Christ, but I still feel this fearful sort of peace.

The brightness of tonight was seeing Kyle. I always miss him until he comes down. He MIGHT try to make it to our marching competition. I'm hoping he will. It'll make me less nervous.

Jennifer had serious guy problems today. She found out some stuff about her now-ex boyfriend that she didn't really like very much. Watching her get angry and express it by having a hysteria-laugh-break things episode was kind of funny but scary. She was kicking and jumping on an old cardboard box and slamming it against the brick column outside the Band Hall, screaming things such as "I hate liars and cheaters!" "I hate Charles Wayne..." (whatever his last name is) and just a flat out banshee screech in the middle of it all. And a lot of cursing. But it was okay, because she let it out. And then let it out some more by giving the whole band a "quit screwing around, because I want to go to State" lecture.

So...today was not dull. Not in the slightest.

1 comment:

  1. *hugs miki* God isn't going anywhere & will be with you through this all, don't forget Him cuz He will give you rest & comfort.


    And also, don't worry about the PSAT at ALL!!! it's a test designed to measure your abilities & there isn't really a way to study for it, it's not any different than the ACT or the SAT. they're meant to measure ability not any set thing you can study for. Having taken MANY standardized tests, i know how you can freak out but trust me, just get good sleep the night before, eat a good breakfast and relax. Seriously. Relax. The more relaxed & less tense you are, the better you score. It's a proven fact. ♥

    ReplyDelete