Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Final Thing

Untitled, and Unfinished, because it's not polished up, still pretty rough and a little sucky.

I stand alone as I long for Your touch
Your salvation, it should be enough
But my foolish human mind says I should see You
Everyone around me says
“Without sight, there is no proof”

As I wait for You I come to my senses
And I realize
That I have turned my back on Your grace,
I am ashamed
And it opens my eyes

My every thought, my every move
Is Yours to hear and see
My sin and disgrace
Separates me from Your love,
The thing I crave so desperately

I hide from You, and once again
I fear Your consequence and punishment
The truth is undeniable
You shouldn’t have to love me
I don’t deserve to call upon You
I don’t deserve to be free

My every thought, my every move
Is Yours to hear and see
My sin and disgrace
Separates me from Your love,
The thing I crave so desperately

When You find me I come to my senses
And I realize
That I need You more than anything
And I realize
I won’t make it through this life
If I’m running from You all the time

My every thought, my every move
Is Yours to hear and see
My sin and disgrace
Separates me from Your love,
The thing I crave so desperately


...and I can't come up with a final chorus. I wish I could. *sigh*

No comments:

Post a Comment