Monday, August 17, 2009

"Do you believe in God" written on the bullet...

So I blogged over this a few days ago, but then I was afraid of what I'd posted, and I deleted it.

I was afraid, because it was an incredibly huge commitment, and there I was, making it on total impulse. When I wondered why I made the commitment so rushed, a really good friend of mine told me that God had spoken to me and I had complied, but that Satan was trying to get me to take it back.

Forget you, Satan. I'm doin' this for God. You're nothing but a scoundrel, and I have no intention of doing anything to please you in this matter.

To my point: my commitment.

My full intention this school year and forever on out, while we're at it, is to SHOW GOD IN EVERYTHING I DO. I AM A CHRISTIAN. I BELIEVE IN THE LORD JESUS CHRIST'S BIRTH, DEATH, SAVING US FROM OUR SINS, AND RESURRECTION. There is NOTHING that you can do to change my mind. And it's high time I start showing it. I am an ALIEN YOUTH. I do not conform. I will not be like every other person on this earth. I will not be like every other Christian who is either hypocritical or a "shover". I am going to live for my God, who saved me from the darkest depths of Hell. Nothing or no one can stop me.

I will not date. Purity is essential, and I firmly believe in Lauren Barlow's truth of "dating is just giving your heart away to people who you shouldn't."

I will be modest. God loves me the way I am, and He will show me who I am, I don't need to dress in shorts and skirts that could pass as underwear, or shirts that cover NOTHING.

I will not CARE what anyone else thinks. I will speak to gospel to anyone who is willing to listen. Jesus is my Savior, and anyone else's who wants Him to be.

Once my writing comes back around, MY MUSIC WILL BRING GLORY TO GOD NO MATTER HOW BAD OF A MUSICIAN I AM.

If it comes down to it, I WILL die for my faith. I would rather die than live in a world without Christ. Life with Christ would be much, MUCH more pleasant in the end.

It may not be possible to be a light to everyone. But faith will lead the way to the impossible...

Three things to think about:

1. We Must Be The Change!

2. "Today I'm speakin' my mind, and if it kills me tonight, I will be ready to die." - "Hero" by Skillet

3. All of Flyleaf's song "Cassie". I advise you go and listen to both the original AND the acoustic versions.

Anyone who knows me from freshman year can read this, call me a hypocrite, and walk away not believing that I am not who I've been. Admittedly, I'm not perfect. I'm going to mess up. A lot. Because I may end up trying to take control and screwing up everything. But when I don't, when I let God be in control, I will do the best of my authority to be a light for Him.

This is a very big commitment to me, if you haven't noticed. I need as much prayer as I can get, along with continual prayer about the future...please and thank you very, VERY much. If you have any prayer requests post them as comments and I'll pray for you.

God bless all...

No comments:

Post a Comment