Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Poem for Cara to Read

Poem:
If I'd only known that when I saw her smile
It'd be the last time I’d know her as young and wild
If I’d only seen ahead of that day
Deep in my heart of hearts, I would have prayed
"Lord, if this day should come,
Let her know that I love her some."
She would have laughed at my silly sentiments
But somehow understood what I meant
That was how she worked, she mocked and teased
But understood easy as you please
God, is she with You?
Will I see her again if I live this through?
She may not have been of the greatest faith
But she knew who You were, she knew Your place
All I can guess is that she is
It seems to me she crossed the bridge

DEDICATED TO MARIAH BAYLIE TOMPKINS.
February 15th, 1996 to August 18th, 2007

No comments:

Post a Comment