Tuesday, August 18, 2009

I'm at war with the world and they try to pull me into the dark

It seems to me
I'm hanging on a ledge
I'm about to fall
Into this dark, deep hole
Of hopelessness and Hell
My hands are grabbing at the earth and grass above
Reaching for safety, freedom
But the darkness calls
It reaches for me
Coils around my legs like serpents
Trying to drag me down
Just as I try to heave myself onto the land above
This darkness is your ordinary darkness
Comprised of everyday things
Mommy's mood swings, Daddy's indifference
Friends fighting
Failure, disappointment, fear, despair
Am I wearing a sign on my forehead that says
"I Can Handle Anything,
Take Your Anger Out On Me Whenever You Want"?
It feels like I am
I'm not as unbreakable as I pretend to be
I want to crawl back up on land
I want to be God's and God's alone
But I don't know how to save myself
I can't feel solid ground beneath my feet
The serpents, they hiss lies to me
They tell me I'll never fulfill my purpose
I'll never be able to serve God
And the prayers and thoughts echo in my mind
God, I need You to pull me out of here, please, I can't do it...
Afraid, afraid, afraid
So what's next?

1 comment:

  1. I have felt this way. VERY well written. I'm glad you are feeling a bit better though, & I will of course pray for you.

    I read your commitment blog before this, as well, & all I can say is way to go girl. :o) That's what I like to hear.

    ReplyDelete