Saturday, July 25, 2009

Stay with me here now, and never surrender

So I've been obsessively listening to the new Skillet clips.

I've picked my favorites based on the clips, but that's subject to change when the actual album is out.

Not including Hero and Monster:

1. Awake and Alive
2. Never Surrender
3. Sometimes
4. Lucy

I love AAA because it's just...I don't know why, but I just love it.

Never Surrender and Sometimes I feel I can relate to in a way.

Sometimes in particular. I have felt that way before, felt like I didn't WANT to be better, and no one was as big of a mistake as me.

Never Surrender I've related to as well...it's mainly centered as a song about an eating disorder but it can relate to people in so many different ways, depression, fear, all these emotions and things people go through.

I guess that's what Skillet does best, right? They write songs we as people can relate to, and with a rock edge that gives them bonus points.

God has blessed this band with a talent to write and play music that can touch a person's soul if they're open to it. Maybe that's why I love them so much...that, the fact they rock for God, and the fact that they have a keyboardist that I would be thrilled to have at least ONE lesson from. I can't see that happening, but at least I'll get to meet her at least once in my lifetime. :) Same goes for their drummer now that I think about it. If I could have one piano lesson from Korey and one drum lesson from Jen just to see if they know any good tips or tricks, I would be so happy. That's been my dream since I've become a Panhead...I've longed to LEARN from these women, but I've only told one person that because everyone else would laugh and be like "you're crazy."

While I'm being random, I'm having trouble with my music...haven't been able to write GOOD lyrics in ages, never been able to accompany the lyrics with music...I'm starting to doubt what I thought was my calling, but they say you constantly change your mind in high school...I'm not even 15 (for 2 weeks) so I guess maybe I'm not supposed to know yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment