So here I am. Waiting for my week-long church camp that I've attended for three years to begin. It's strange, because for two of those three years I've looked forward to and yet still dreaded camp the night before it began. Then again, the position of my emotions didn't help. I didn't want to deal with all the "high horse, perfect Christians who think they know the answer to everything" because I didn't want to admit that my relationship with Christ was failing miserably.
But ALAS, this year, I am not me. This year, I am changing. This year, I am not a depressed, self-labeled "loser." This year, I am not considered a danger to myself. This year, I am not involved in self-mutilation in the slightest. This year, I'm just...working to live for God. That's all I want, to live for Him. To pursue what I love, my piano playing, and learning drums and guitar, all for Him. Probably to make an attempt to get into LLSOW once I'm through with college, or before college, heck if I know. I'm not even 15 for another month an a half, for Pete's sake. I still can't figure out exactly what God wants from me, other than obedience, respect, trust, and love. Those things I can give.
I highly doubt anyone will read or take seriously the mind and writing of someone who isn't even old enough to drive.
Speaking of birthdays...
When I come home, I'm going to start a countdown (I'll have a calendar) for Days Until I Get To See Skillet At The YEC Show That Just HAPPENS To Be Two Days Before I Turn 15. I'm going to put the countdown on my MySpace, because I am that awesome.
I'm ready to go to camp and serve God in every way I can. Loving others, forgiveness (even though I'm struggling with it right now), praying over people, helping where I'm needed...it's going to be the best PH I've ever been to.
God Bless anyone who reads this blog.
Peace and love to all...
-Mikayla
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment